can you try latest tomcat?
I am not really sure about that, but worth a try, right ?

On 11/16/06, behrangsa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi again,

Even setting the keepgenerated init-param for the JSP to false won't fix the
problem.

(MyFace 1.1.3 Core + Tomcat 5.5.12)

Regards,
Behi

behrangsa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think you are right, but how can I fix the behavior of the "work"
> directory?
>
> Regards,
> Behi
>
> Matthias Wessendorf-4 wrote:
>>
>> I am not sure,
>> perhaps that is related to the "work" directory of tomcat ?
>>

>> On 11/16/06, behrangsa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When I modify a JSP (add/remove some children to a panelGrid,etc.) and
>>> press
>>> F5 to see the changes, I get the following exception in Tomcat 5.5.17 or
>>> 5.5.20:
>>>
>>> javax.faces.FacesException: Client-id : _idJsp0 is duplicated in the
>>> faces
>>> tree. Component : _idJsp0, path: {Component-Path : [Class:
>>> javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot,ViewId: /position/index.jsp][Class:
>>> javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id: positionPane][Class:
>>> javax.faces.component.html.HtmlPanelGrid,Id: ositionTitlePane][Class:
>>> javax.faces.component.html.HtmlOutputText,Id: _idJsp0]}

org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:422)

org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:234)