Hi Behi,

the first issue you are seeing is due to the fact that if you change
the JSP-page-hierarchy, JSF doesn't know anymore which id it should
assign to which component. This problem can be fixed by either
switching to facelets or JSF1.2 (in 1.2, the container provides the
id's per tag, I hope that with this direct link there will be no
problem in adding another tag - haven't tried it yet, though).

For the second issue, are you using direct value="myvalue" attributes
or value-binding as in value="#{test.myValue}"?

Properties are not reloaded on every request, if they are set as a
hard-coded string. Look at the following code-snippet to see how the
component is created on a new page and reused on an existing page:

           _componentInstance = findComponent(parent,id);
           if (_componentInstance == null)
           {
               _componentInstance = createComponentInstance(context, id);
               setProperties(_componentInstance);
               int index = getAddedChildrenCount(parentTag);
               List children = parent.getChildren();
               if (index <= children.size())
               {
                   children.add(index, _componentInstance);
               }
               else
               {
                   throw new FacesException("cannot add component");

regards,

Martin