> I am not using the UIData object. I
> am not whether I have written write code for that.
> Here is my backing bean method corrsponding
> the above jsp:

Well, first you are using a UIData object (it is inferred via the use of the
<h:dataTable> tag).

The list that you return (being constructed on the fly) is managed by the
UIData table, and upon form submit each of the WorkQuoteDetail instances that
are part of that UIData object will be updated, and I think they are updated.

The part that is missing from your code submission is how you are checking the
value of qtOfEffort to determine if it has been changed or not; can you provide
that snippet?