Hi,

well, t:saveState should exactly fit your needs in this case and it
doesn`t come with any burden.

Just use it in your wizard page like this:

<t:saveState value="#{yourWizardPageBean}"/>

The "yourWizardPageBean" then is a kind of representation of the whole
wizard steps.
For instance, you can use Enums for each wizard panel, initialize them
on creating the bean (in the correct order) and render the
corresponding wizard pages regarding the actual step.

Alternatively, you can also do it the way shown in [1], which is more
or less the same.

Hope this helps,

cheers,

Gerald