Hmmm, run into this one before. Best idea is to change to JRockit and this
problem never happens again :) Next best is to change the permgen space
using -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

  _____

From: kindsol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 1:07 PM
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Newbie: OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space Question

Hey now,

I just upgraded my JSF release to MyFaces w/ facelets over the weekend. My
web app has been working for about a year without fail in a production
environment.

Things are converting over fairly nicely, but after my web application runs
for a while (main page refreshes every minute) I get the following
exception:

09:53:47,564 ERROR [[Faces Servlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet Faces
Servlet threw exception java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

Are there any known issues like this? Has anyone experienced this problem
when they switched over?? I could not find anything in the mail list
archive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-KindSol