Pesia,

Last month Daniel had a problem using generic type also. Andrew had some thoughts on why this occurs, which you can read here [1] in the message thread. Or use TinyURL[2] if [1] doesn't work.

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Generics-in-%3Cfunction-signature%3E-for-custom-EL-function-tf2605810.html#a7279158
[2] http://tinyurl.com/ycf9or

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff
Kenneth L Kurz & Associates, Inc.

Pesia wrote:
Hi!
Have anyone tried to use JSF with generic type?
Here is the example:

class SessionBean{
         private ValueWrapper<Integer> testIntegerWrapper = new
DBValueWrapper<Integer>();
         private Integer testInteger2 = new Integer(7);

        public SessionBean(){
          this.testInteger.setValue(newInteger(6));
} public ValueWrapper<Integer> getVal(){
                return testIntegerWrapper;
        }
        public Integer getVal2()
        {
                return this.testInteger2;
        }
        public void setVal2(Integer iii)
        {
                this.testInteger2 = iii;
class ValueWrapper<T>{
        private T value;
        public void setValue(T value){
                this.value = value;
        }
        public T getValue() {
                return this.value;
in the jsp file (form):
        <h:inputText value="#{sb.val.value}"/>
        <h:inputText value="#{sb.val2}"/>

After submiting the form testInteger2 is converted correctly to Integer
but Integer inside value wrapper is set as String (no convertion done)
There is also no any error/exception, it looks like
ValueWrapper<Integer> has been replaced by ValueWrapper<String> !!!

I set a breakpoint in ValueWrapper.setValue on the line this.value = value;
and before execution of this line I have value type of Integer but after
value is type of String (I got "6" instead of 6)!

(actually I have array of ValueWrappers
created with different T types - but all of them are replaced with String
values
in Update Model phase).

Can anybody tell me what am I doing wrong here? Do ou have any ideas?
Or mayby my conception is totally wrong?