Thanks!
Ofcourse you're right!

I was confused (because I used to templates in C++ - where compiler
generates different type for each generic object instead of "cheating" like
here).
(a link for those who are interested in more details:
http://www.mindview.net/WebLog/log-0050
http://www.mindview.net/WebLog/log-0050 )

Unfortunately that means to me that I have to abandon my very elegant
solution to handle different types binding.
I have no clue how to do it in different way (Probably I will be forced to
create my custom class manually
for every possible type of value plus converters for all those types?).

I would like to have automatic conversion of values to proper types (because
I know concrete types only at runtime). For example I have table row of data
with columns
[Integer, String, Date, Integer]
(those types are known only at runtime) and I would like to bind this row to
appropriate form fields (form would be also generated in dynamic way basing
on row contents).

Or maybe there is a way to simulate C++ template behavior using reflections
for example? Has anybody tried similar approach?

Best Regards
Maciej Pestka