I think that t:panelNavigation will not support what you are looking
for. You need to switch to t:panelNavigation2 which has some support.
The latter accepts a list of NavigationMenuItem

One more thing - If you want your categories to have text as well as an
Image icon then you will not be able to use <t:navigationMenuItem> as it
does not work even though it has a constructor which is suppose to do
that (Bottom line it does not do it). You will have to use
<t:commandNavigation2> inside <t:panelNavigation2>

To achieve the same I have programmatically created the entire left nav
using <t:panelNavigation2> and <t:commandNavigation2>

~madhav

NULL,
>       categoryname            varchar(255) NULL,
>       categorydescription     varchar(255) NOT NULL,
>       parentcategory          int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,
>       clickcount              bigint(20) NULL,
>       categoryimage           varchar(255) NULL,
>       categoryurl             varchar(255) NULL,
>       )
>
> [/code]
>
> I can extract all records of this table and put them into some data
> structure in a backing bean.
> what i can not understand is how does the structure looks like ?
>

> Thanks
>

> Andrew Robinson-5 wrote:
> >
> > Put it in a DIV with CSS to limit the height and use overflow: auto;

> >> categories
> >> because

> sure
> >> inside

> >> any comment ?
> >> even if i could make tree2 to works inside its own frame when it
grows
> my
> >> problem will resolve.
> >>
> >> thanks
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> --

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not
liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or
attachment. Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all
messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this
e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.