*From:* Madhav Bhargava [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Sent:* Monday, January 29, 2007 1:12 PM
*To:* MyFaces Discussion
*Subject:* stateChangeNotifier does not work with t:commandButton properly

Hi All,

I have been looking for a component like s:stateChangeNotifier for quite
some time and I am glad that it is there is sandbox finally.

The problem with this component is that it does not work properly with
t:commandButton component.

Consider the following code:

<s:stateChangedNotifier

            confirmationMessage="There are changes in the form. You will
loose all data if you choose to leave the form. Do you want to cancel?"

            excludedIds="_patientRegistration_proceed,
_patientRegistration_reset" disabled="false"/>

And then you have the following buttons:

<t:commandButton id="_patientRegistration_proceed" forceId="true"
value="Proceed" action="#{patientRegistrationWizardBean.proceed}"
actionFor="patientRegistration"/>

<t:commandButton id="_patientRegistration_reset" forceId="true"
value="#{msg['button.demographicdetails.reset']}"             action="#{
patientRegistrationWizardBean.reset}"/>

<t:commandButton id="_patientRegistration_cancel" forceId="true"
value="Cancel" action="#{patientRegistrationWizardBean.cancel}"/>

Now the problem is that when I click the "Cancel" button then the popup
only appears for 2 seconds and then it vanishes and the control goes to the
action method attached with the command button.

However, this problem is not there with the command link. I have something
like:

<t:commandLink id="_patientRegistration_dummy" forceId="true"
value="dummy"/>

Now if I click this link then the modal popup stays there till you click a
link.

I have following questions:

1. Does this component only work with t:commandLink component?

2. If I have a datagrid and one of the columns in the datagrid is a link
"View Details". Say if there are 20 rows displayed in one page and there are
other command buttons on the page to control navigation. Then will I have to
put all the ID's for all the links in the column to prevent the popup
appearing on click of any of the "View Details" link?

Rgds,

Madhav
This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
on the Infosys e-mail system.