From: madan chowdary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: MyFaces Discussion <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 7 March, 2007 1:01:50 PM
Subject: Re: [ Tobago ] Regarding PopUp's

Hi All,

After debugging this thing , at last was able to get the popup on mouseover
with the help of prototype.js.

The code is as such

<tc:cell>
            <tc:link label="View Cart Contents" id="viewCartContents"
action="viewCartContents">
                <f:facet name="popup">
                    <tc:popup width="620" height="300"
 id="sheetConfigPopup">
                        <tc:box label="Cart Summary">
                            <f:facet name="layout">
                                <tc:gridLayout/>
                            </f:facet>
                            <f:facet
 name="toolBar">
                                <tc:toolBar>
                                    <tc:toolBarCommand label="X">
                                        <tc:attribute name="popupClose"
value="immediate"/>

 </tc:toolBarCommand>
                                </tc:toolBar>
                            </f:facet>
                            <tc:cell>
                                <tc:sheet
 id="checkOutSheetPopUp"
                                          value="#{shoppingCart.items}"
                                          columns="60px;350px;80px;100px"

 var="cartItem"
                                          showHeader="true"
                                          showDirectLinks="center"

 directLinkCount="10"
                                          first="0"
                                          selectable="none">
                                    <tc:column label="#{bundle.quantity}"
id="number" sortable="false"
 align="center">
                                        <tc:out value="#{cartItem.quantity}"
id="p_quantity" />
                                    </tc:column>

                                    <tc:column label="#{bundle.productName}"
 id="prdName">
                                        <tc:out
value="#{cartItem.item.productCode}" id="p_code"/>
                                        <tc:out value=" - " />
                                        <tc:out
value="#{cartItem.item.productName}"
 id="p_name"/>
                                    </tc:column>

                                    <tc:column label="#{bundle.unitPrice}"
sortable="true" align="right">
                                        <tc:out
value="#{cartItem.listPriceForQuantity}"
 id="p_unitprice"
                                                converter="CurrencyConverter" />
                                    </tc:column>

                                    <tc:column label="#{bundle.extTotal}"
sortable="true" align="right"

                                        <tc:out value="#{cartItem.quantity *
cartItem.listPriceForQuantity}" id="Ex_Total"
                                              converter="CurrencyConverter" />

 </tc:column>
                                </tc:sheet>
                            </tc:cell>
                        </tc:box>
                    </tc:popup>
                 </f:facet>
            </tc:link>

            <tc:script>
                Event.observe(window, 'load', initCartSummary);

                function initCartSummary(){
                    Event.observe($('page:cartSummary:viewCartContents'),
'mouseover',
                        showCartContents);

                    Event.observe($('page:cartSummary:viewCartContents'),
'mouseout',

                        showCartContents_mouseOut);

                    Event.observe($('page:cartSummary:viewCartContents'),
'click',
                        viewCartContents);
                }

                var delayhide = null;

                function
 viewCartContents()
                {
                    if (typeof delayhide!="undefined")
                        clearTimeout(delayhide);
                }

                function showCartContents(){
                    delayhide =
setTimeout("Tobago.openPopupWithAction('page:cartSummary:sheetConfigPopup',
 'page:cartSummary:viewCartContents')",500);
                }

                function showCartContents_mouseOut(){
                    if (typeof delayhide!="undefined")
                        clearTimeout(delayhide);
                }
            </tc:script>

Used Event object in prototype.js to observe the id for <tc:link> , and when
mouse over then fire this action "
 Tobago.openPopupWithAction('page:cartSummary:sheetConfigPopup',
'page:cartSummary:viewCartContents') "

When clicked on the link, captured the event by "click" option.

Both the ' popup when mouseover ' and ' page navigation when clicked on the
link ' are working fine.

But was facing an issue like as such
-- When the mouse is placed on viewCartContents link, was able to get the popup.
-- After closing the popup and click on any other link in the page( say top
navigation links) the page is being refreshed , so i have to click again to go
to my desired page which the link refers.
-- This makes me to click twice on the link.
-- when removed the action attribute in <tc:link> for viewCartContents, and
place the mouse, close the popup and then click on the top links, then was able
to navigate to page which it refers.

Y does this page refresh occures after i close the popup and click on other
links.

how could i solve this issue
 ?

Regards,