From: Jörn Zaefferer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:26 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: how to use a javascript source in a component

On 3/8/07, Grange, John < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Another point to note, is that if you are in the mindset to put script
references (and css, etc) in the head, then your code will be more difficult
to port to a portlet environment (a fact that is causing significant pain
trying to find workable jsf frameworks for portlets)

True. It is impossible to put anything in the head in a portlet enviroment.

I'm now using both calendar and schedule components on WebSphere Portal (with
Facelets).

The trick is to disable the check for the extension filter (see below) and
manually include the necessary resources, after extracting them from the jar
file. Ugly but still worth the effort.

Put into web.xml to disable the extension filter check:
<context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.CHECK_EXTENSIONS_FILTER</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
</context-param>