From: Simon Kitching [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 3:18 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: f:attribute in phaselistener

Garner, Shawn wrote:
> I upgraded to 1.1.5 and now my phase listener can no longer get my
> f:attribute attribute on a component (eg: <h:inputText>).
>
> I iterate over the client IDs with messages by doing
> FacesContext.getClientIdsWithMessages();
>
> I get the component by UIViewRoot.findComponent(clientID) and then try

> to get the attribute by String fieldRef =
> component.getAttributes().get("fieldRef");
>
> It worked before I upgraded.

There was a change to f:attribute in 1.1.5; before then it would
evaluate its expression on first view and store the result on the target

component. From 1.1.5 it stores the EL-expression on the target
component and evaluates it each time.

However the attribute should still be present. Maybe it is there but
evaluating to null at the time you make the call?

Try component.getAttributes().containsKey("fieldRef") to see if the
entry is there..

Regards,

Simon