On 5/4/07, Nebinger, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First of all, it's easier to get the request map from the
> ExternalContext:
>
> Map requestMap = externalContext.getRequestMap();

For the http request parameters, sure you're correct.  But he's got a
portlet and he's looking for a portlet request parameter, so he's going
about things the correct way.

MyFacesGenericPortlet creates a special derivation of ExternalContext
for you that wraps the portlet request (and portletSession, etc).  So
getRequestMap() is going to give you a map backed by the
portletRequest parameters.  In essence alot of stuff works no matter
what container you are in, as long as you don't cast to container
specific classes.  So I would agree with Kito on the first point and
not cast specifically to PortletRequest.