Hi Matthias!

> I'm trying to use some inputfields in the modaldialog but the input seems not
> to be set in my backing bean.

>               <h:panelGrid columns="2">
>                       <h:outputText value="Name: " />
>                       <s:inputSuggestAjax
>
> value="#{resourceManageController.newResourceTypeName}"
>
> suggestedItemsMethod="#{resourceManageController.getResourceTypes}"
>                               autoComplete="true" maxSuggestedItems="10" />
>               </h:panelGrid>
>               <h:panelGrid columns="2">
>                       <t:commandButton id="ok" forceId="true" value="Ok"
>
> onclick="window.parent._myfaces_currentModal._myfaces_ok=true;
> window.parent._myfaces_currentModal.hide();" />
>                       <t:commandButton id="cancel" forceId="true"
> value="Abbrechen"
>
> onclick="window.parent._myfaces_currentModal.hide();" />
>               </h:panelGrid>

Hmmm ... I think the problem is, that you immediately close the
ModalDialog in your commandButton's onClick method.

Please try the following ... instead of adding the javascript to the
commandButton, add a panelGroup and embed a f:verbatim where you place
the javascript to hide the modal dialog.
Add something like "rendered=#{backingBean.closeDialog}" attribute to
the panelGroup and, in your backing bean (beside getter/setter for the
boolean closeDialog), set the boolean to true in your commandButton
action method.

Also put the rest of the page also in an panelGroup with
"rendered=#{!backingBean.closeDialog}" (notice the !)

The goal is to have the javascript to close the dialog rendered after
the request which will update your model.

I hope it is somehow clear what I try to propose!?!

Ciao,
Mario