Ok - I tried to implement the solution -

<h:selectOneMenu id="statusid"
                               value="#{testBean.statusid}">
<f:selectItem itemValue="#{0}" itemLabel="Ikke paabegynt" /> <f:selectItem itemValue="#{1}" itemLabel="Under arbeid" /> <f:selectItem itemValue="#{2}" itemLabel="Kansellert" /> <f:selectItem itemValue="#{3}" itemLabel="Utfort" />
                               <f:convertNumber integerOnly="true"/>
                           </h:selectOneMenu>

however, I still got the validation error when I didn't use the explicit f:convertNumber. I'm guessing the #{0} etc are integer valueexpressions, hence returning the correct type to the value of the selectonemenu. Wouldn't the expected behavior be that it works without the explicit converter?

-safi

Cagatay Civici skrev:
Hi,

Sounds like;