Hello Ariel,

Martin is right. However, Trinidad (and JSF 1.2) also offers a shortcut for
those ever repeating 3 lines of code. You can simply call
myInputText.resetValue().

Regards,

~ Simon

On 7/12/07, Martin Marinschek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Ariel,

you'll have to clean out the value of the input-text - the problem that
you are seeing is that JSF takes the current value in the inputText
component, and sees this as more important than the backing bean value.

so you'll have to bind your inputText to your backing bean (using
binding="#{myBean.myInputText}", and a getter/setter pair getMyInputText /
setMyInputText in your backing bean) and then call:

myInputText.setSubmittedValue(null);
myInputText.setValue(null);
myInputText.setLocalValueSet(false);

with this, your inputText will reread the value from the backing bean!

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at