From: Andrew Robinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 7:24 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Does MyFaces 1.2 require JSP 2.1?

I would ask the facelets list then. According to the JSF
specification, JSP 2.1 and Servlet 2.5 support is required for JSF
1.2.

On 7/19/07, mraible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am using Facelets - that's why I find it strange. I'm able to use
Sun's RI
> (the latest version) in place of MyFaces in the same application and
> everything works fine.
>
> Matt
>

> Andrew Robinson-5 wrote:
> >
> > JSF 1.2 requires JSP 2.1 unless you use facelets.
> >
> > I believe you have to run Tomcat 6 as a minimum version (servlet 2.5
> > support is required)
> >
> > On 7/19/07, mraible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I should mention: I get the error below on startup when deploying
on
> >> Tomcat
> >> 5.0.25. If I change from MyFaces to Sun's RI and deploy on Tomcat
5.0.25
> >> again, no error.
> >>
> >> Matt

> >> class

javax.servlet.jsp.JspFactory.getJspApplicationContext(Ljavax/servlet/Ser
vletContext;)Ljavax/servlet/jsp/JspApplicationContext;

org.apache.myfaces.webapp.DefaultFacesInitializer.initFaces(DefaultFaces
Initializer.java:102)

org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextInitializ
ed(StartupServletContextListener.java:57)