Hi Wolf
I am currently trying to nail down the bugs
I am still not sure about everything,
but as it seems there is lots of weird stuff going on
in the various app servers (most of them unified el related so far...
jetty choked on me currently by tring to push a simple example)

All I can say is dont spend too much time yet to get this release running better wait for a 2.0.1 release if things do not work out quickly.

Werner

Wolf Benz schrieb:
Hi all
Thanks for the help so far guys.
After yesterday's struggling, I wasn't really in the mood today to pick it up again so quickly. Will try again this WE.

Short question aside: I've got nothing against facelets (quite the contrary), but I understand from previous postings the combo Tomcat6 - MF120 - Tomahawk - JSP is a dead end. I think this is a problem as I guess most users will use this combo. Tomcat6 is kinda a standard and if you don't need Tomahawk, why not just use the RI... (MF could learn smth from their easy setup -- I think there's great value in defaulting much more so that the web.xml can remain much easier than MF makes it now) Facelets is better than JSP yet most users still use JSP... Certainly as I guess what most users will forst attempt(like myself) is migrate old apps to the new MF std. Or does JSP work if you just don't use JSTL?

How good are your contacts with the Apache Tomcat team to perhaps address this issue in an incremental Tomcat release? (should this be the best way to solve this decoupling)

Wolf

On 7/20/07, *Matthias Wessendorf* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

     > Ok I just got in a correction of Matthias, as it seems I cannot
    confirm
     > jetty yet.
     > Anyway, I will do furhter testing this afternoon to circle the entire
     > thing in a little bit (also I will try jetty personally)
     >
     > All I personally can say for now, is that I can confirm that the
    combination
     > of Tomcat 6 MyFaces 1.2 and Facelets work as they should.
     >
     > please watch https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1682
     > for further comments on this.

    so, I noticed the TLD thing on ([1]) in tomcat 6.0.13 with and
    without tomahawk.
    Not in Jetty 6.1.2rc0 .

    -Matthias

    [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1682