Hi Martin,

yes, that works, thank you!

Some thoughts, though:  Without touching the renderer this would mean that
(as in your example) the inputText's attribute readOnly must not be set or
else the effect of these onxxx methods returning false would be bypassed.

When chosing to extend the InputTextRenderer there are two options (at least
;-) ):

1) If attribute readOnly (or attribute disabled; should be treated equally
in our application, but
this, of course, isn't the default...) is set to true, do this in the new
renderer:
- get rid of default readOnly-behaviour (which might be tricky to "extract
and eliminate")
- set those onxxx to "return false;"

2) Alternatively, leave attribute readOnly and according behaviour
untouched. Instead,
- invent a new style class (e.g. "readOnly")
- in the CSS, for this style class use the same settings as for
"af|inputText:disabled::content"
- in the renderer, if styleClass = "readOnly" set those onxxx to "return
false;"

In principle, option 1) would be my favourite solution, but due to the
intricate situation
(InputTextRenderer has quite a line of ancestors...) and me being new to the
fine art of
extending Trinidad renderers, which both makes it hard to isolate what
happens where and
how to replace it, I think option 2) is the way for us to go (just injecting
the new behaviour
for styleClass "readOnly" and delegating everything else to
InputTextRenderer seems to be
a lot easier...).

Best regards,
Carsten