Ok, finally, after numerous stupid mistakes, I can say that the problem
occurs only with inputDate component and not with standard dialogs nor
inputListOfValues. Furthermore, for some even more obscure reasons, if I
ever popup a working dialog (through inputListOfValues or any "dialog:xyz"
outcome) then inputDate starts to work...

Regards,

~ Simon