We should have been quicker in turning it into a public API as soon as we realized its value for skin developers.

So I think that having a short grace period would be nice for our users because it was our mistake for not making it public sooner.

- Jeanne

Matt Cooper wrote:
Hey guys,

Here's my thinking... Everything that contains "trinidadinternal" in its name is not supported as an external API.  By definition it is subject to change without notice.  If something is internal and valuable as a supported API we are doing the right thing by exposing it as a public API.  I am quite happy that we now have a public config param to disable content compression in the skins.  However, I feel that supporting the old trinidadinternal config param will set a precedent for supporting things that are not considered to be ready or designed for public consumption and potentially misuse of the system.

That said, I could be convinced to have a short grace period for this parameter since I think it has been recommended for use on the mailing lists though I think we (myself included) should be careful about making recommendations to use internal things going forward.

Regards,
Matt