Sorry, I've been told by the corporate powers that be that I have to
use this dung heap because it's a committee approved standard, so I
was attempting to find something good about it.  When I came across
the flexible rendering concept, I thought I had found something.  But
if I have to write it all myself, what's the use?
  (*Chris*)