I want to press a button and have an action execute to populate some data
that then pops up in a panelPopup through PPR.  All the examples of
panelPopup I found use static content inside the popup, so I can't see if it
is possible, or how it might work.  Is it doable?  Will it be doable?

Without PPR, if I put a button in the trigger facet I can get the action to
execute, but then the popup a) is one step behind the button click (because
it pops up before the action is executed and the Ajax request comes back),
and b) it often isn't positioned correctly on the window (the top gets cut
off) - how does Trinidad calculate the content height?  With PPR it is sort
of the same but worse - sometimes I get the popup (with the wrong content as
before) to flash up briefly and then disappear, and sometimes I never even
get the server requrest to fire.  Clearly either I am doing it wrong or
dynamic popups are not supported.  Anybody got any ideas?