>From: Dave Syer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> Thanks. I checked out the demo of the dialog framework. I actually don't
> want a dialog - they drive users potty. I want to use the tr:popupPanel (or
> similar mechanism with floating div). Is there any way to do that?

Rich ADF Faces has support for these types of dialogs [1].  It is built on
top of Trinidad.

There are several flavors (af:popup, af:popup + af:dialog,
af:popup + af:panelWindow and af:popup + af:menu).

What's really interesting about the "popup" framework is that all the
components exist within the same component tree unlike Trinidad dialogs.
The af:dialog and af:panelWindow simulate an external window using
div layers.  They can operate in model and non modal modes.

[1]
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/adf/adffaces/11/doc/multiproject/adf-richclient-api/enhanced-tagdoc.html

Gary