hello stephen,

that's great and i'm glad that i could contribute.

it's great that you described the final solution - what do you think about
providing the community with the final working source code (via
e-mail/blog/wiki or whatever you prefer)?
(especially if there are(?) some minor changes which are not in the
description)
i think it's a common ui and someone might (sooner or later) run into the
same problem and so it would be nice to have a short recipe in place...
(maybe your previous posted source code and the short description are enough
to reproduce this ui - up to now i had no time left for a close look at the
source code...)

regards,
gerhard

--