If it's not too much trouble, can you delete your 1.0.3 jar files from any
local repositories and try again?

I think what might be happening is Maven is finding the 1.0.3 jar files in
your local repository, therefore it never looks for them in the central
repo.

Deleting the 1.0.3 jar files and doing an "mvn clean package" *should* fail.

Thanks,
David