hello,

first of all - i've never tried it - so i'm not sure about my suggestion.

i'm not aware of a specific trinidad (out-of-the-box) feature which provides
a solution for this requirement. it's more a general challenge.

as sven mentioned you can update the whole iframe.

however, theoretically if the webapps are hosted on the same server an other
(unaesthetic) possibility should be:

you can hide e.g. a ppr enabled button within the "child-jsf-page" which
triggers a ppr-request (to update only specific components).
within the "parent-jsf-page" you place (and call) a javascript which
resolves this hidden button and afterwards you call .click() on it.
if this would work you don't have to refresh the whole iframe. however,
there is some really unaesthetic handwork.

if you choose this second suggestion - it would be great to get feedback (if
it works or not) and maybe you can provide the implemented solution for the
archives (if it works).

regards,
gerhard