hello hij,

as i mentioned: it's an unaesthetic solution and:
> i'm not aware of a specific trinidad (out-of-the-box) feature which
provides a solution for this requirement.

sven already mentioned the challenge:
> "...because it can be theoretical possible that the site is hosted on a
different server..."

in such a case you would violate the same-origin policy - see e.g.:
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/JavaScript/JavaScript-Security/

if there are no further suggestions for a really nice solution i would say -
that are your possibilities to solve the problem (even though they aren't
awesome)

regards,
gerhard