The layout in Facelets is similar (if you got your last comment right)

foo.xhtml:
<ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
        xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets";
  template="WEB-INF/masterLayout.xhtml">

<ui:define name="menu">
blah... this overrides the menu...
</ui:define>

<ui:define name="masterContent">
blah... this overrides the main content...
</ui:define>

</ui:composition>

So... the foo.xhtml is just a simple "layout client".

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: