Hello!

I'm a complete noob to trinidad and myfaces, so please excuse any obvious or
stupid questions.
At least I've searched yahoo, google and read through nabble, so hopefully my
asking is not too
dumb :)

I'm currently writing a sample for a standard business application which also
contains a menu
based on XMLMenuModel plus navigation with tr:breadCrumb at the top of the page
and
tr:navigationTree at the left side.

The menu structure looks like the following:

home
+-- customer
|   +-- search customers
|   +-- browse customers
|   +-- view customer
|   +-- edit customer

+-- reporting
|   +-- generate report
|   +-- browse report

+-- admin
    +-- employee admin
    |   +-- search employee
    |   +-- view employee
    |   +-- edit employee
    |   +-- modify authorisation

    +-- repository admin
        +-- view repositories
        +-- edit repository

So basically i use a menu entry for every distinct jspx page, to get the proper
message shown in
the breadCrumbs. On the other hand, with this method I currently also get the
leafs shown in the
navigationTree which i don't like to have. I have tried rendered=false (then
also the breadCrumbs
and the viewPath is gone), visible=false (still the space of the facet is
filled up with  )
etc, but nothing worked for me.

Now my questions:
1.) As it is purely an evaluation sample, I'm not hardly fixed to exactly this
look and feel, so
how do u usually solve such problems? Do you also add the leafs to the
menuModel, or do you add
this information to the breadCrumb manually and calculate the viewPath for the
navigation
yourself?

2.) Is there any public example how i can extend tr:navigationTree to
understand a menuModel
attribute "category" (so navigationTree only considers menuItems, menuGroups,
etc of this given
category (or even better categories).

3.) Is there currently any 'authorisation concept' available in trinidad? Like
to e.g. set roles
which are needed to get a single menuItem displayed, etc. In my example above,
I like the 'admin'
menu only be visible to users with the currentRole 'admin', etc.

I've read through
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/xmlMenuModel.html
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_navigationTree.html
and others, but found no hint.

txs in advance,
strub

      Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los geht's:
http://de.yahoo.com/set