"unsupported class version" means that you are trying to load java5 classes into a java 1.4 vm or a java6 class into a java5 vm.

Am 05.08.2008 um 15:33 schrieb René van Wijk:

Hi Matthias,

When I rebuild the trinidad project, I get an unsupported class version error when I run it again. Could you please send me a version of a Trinidad build with your patch in it.

Thank you in advance

        -----Original Message-----
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Matthias Wessendorf
        Sent: Tue 8/5/2008 12:35 PM
        To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Partial Page Rendering using Trinidad does not work on Weblogic 10

        On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:19 PM, René van Wijk
        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        > Hi Matthias,
        >
> First, thanks for your reaction. I tried Trinidad 1.0.9 on WebLogic 10 but unfortunately no luck, still the same issue.

        that indicates there is no fix on the svn :-)

> The hack you proposed where I find the XmlHttpServletResponse, that is in what
        > package is it located?

        here is my temporary modified file:

        /*
         *  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
         *  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
         *  distributed with this work for additional information
         *  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
         *  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
         *  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
         *  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
         *
         *  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
         *
         *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
         *  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
         *  "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
         *  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
         *  specific language governing permissions and limitations
         *  under the License.
         */
        package org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.config.xmlHttp;

        import java.io.IOException;
        import java.io.PrintWriter;

        import javax.servlet.ServletOutputStream;
        import javax.servlet.ServletResponse;
        import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper;

        import org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.logging.TrinidadLogger;
import org .apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.ppr.XmlResponseWriter;

        @SuppressWarnings("deprecation")
        final class XmlHttpServletResponse extends HttpServletResponseWrapper
        {
          XmlHttpServletResponse(ServletResponse response)
          {
            super((HttpServletResponse)response);

            _contentType = "text/xml;charset=utf-8";

            // must set contentType here since
// setContentType is ignored when inside an included page (bug 5591124)
            this.setContentType(_contentType);
          }

          @Override
          public void sendRedirect(
            final String url) throws IOException
          {
            XmlHttpConfigurator.__sendRedirect(getWriter(), url);
          }

          @Override
          public ServletOutputStream getOutputStream()
            throws IOException
          {
            ServletOutputStream base = super.getOutputStream();
            return new XmlOutput(base).getOutputStream();
          }

          @Override
          public PrintWriter getWriter() throws IOException
          {
            PrintWriter base = super.getWriter();
            return new XmlOutput(base).getWriter();
          }

          @Override
          public void setContentType(final String type)
          {
            // the reason we're using XmlHttpServletResponse is because
            // we're producing a ppr xml response, so ignore any
            // attempts to set the contentType, since the contentType
            // must be text/xml:
            _LOG.finer("ignoring setContentType:{0}", type);
            super.setContentType(_contentType);
          }

          @Override
          public void sendError(final int sc) throws IOException
          {
            sendError(sc, null);
          }

          @Override
public void sendError(final int sc, final String string) throws IOException
          {
            PrintWriter writer = getWriter();
            XmlResponseWriter rw = new XmlResponseWriter(writer, "UTF-8");
            rw.startDocument();
            rw.startElement("error", null);
            rw.writeAttribute("status", sc, null);
            rw.writeText(string, null);
            rw.endElement("error");
            rw.endDocument();
            rw.close();
          }

          private String _contentType = null;
          static private final TrinidadLogger _LOG =
TrinidadLogger.createTrinidadLogger(XmlHttpServletResponse.class);
        }

        can you "patch" it on your machine and please let me know if that
        fixes the issue.

        Thanks,
        Matthias

http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg49162.html
        >        >>>
        >        >>> 1.0.9 (which is close to be released). see [1]
        >        >>
        >        >> I saw a similar fix...
        >        >> work around is doing something like:
        >        >> public void setContentType(String type)
        >        >>  {
> >> // the reason we're using XmlHttpServletResponse is because
        >        >>    // we're producing a ppr xml response, so ignore any
> >> // attempts to set the contentType, since the contentType
        >        >>    // must be text/xml:
        >        >>    _LOG.finer("ignoring setContentType:{0}", type);
        >        >>    getResponse().setContentType(_contentType);
        >        >
        >        > or
        >        >  super.setContentType(_contentType);
        >        >
        >        >>  }
        >        >>
        >        >> on Trinidad's XmlHttpServletResponse.
        >        >>
        >        >> Scott, any downside ? Beside the hacky factor ?
        >        >>
        >        >> Greetings,
        >        >> Matthias
        >        >>
        >        >>>
        >        >>> stuff etc.
        >        >>> iframe for files).
        >        >>>
        >        >>> -Matthias
        >        >>>
        >        >>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~matzew/core109/
        >        >>>
        >        >>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:31 AM, René van Wijk
        >        >>>>
        >        >>>> generated
        >        >>>> return"text/xml";
        >        >>>> return"text/html";
        >        >>>> }
        >        >>>> that is "text/html" is returned instead of "text/xml".
> [...]

<winmail.dat>