laredotornado schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade my MyFaces implementation from 1.1.6 to 1.2.4.  I took
> out the old api and impl jars and replaced them with myfaces-impl-1.2.4.jar
> and myfaces-api-1.2.4.jar.  I kept tomahawk-1.1.7.jar the same.
> Unfortunately, I'm now getting compilation errors.  Below is a sample.  What
> can I do to heal the pain? - Dave
>
> search.jsp:33:28: No match was found for method
> setShowSummary(java.lang.String) in type
> org.apache.myfaces.taglib.html.HtmlMessagesTag.
>                       <h:messages showSummary="true"
> showDetail="true"></h:messages>

Are these messages being generated by your IDE? I haven't seen anything
like these messages when running apps myself. If yes, then your IDE has
got confused and we can't help you with advice on that.

If these messages are coming from your servlet engine when you start the
app, then maybe it has cached jsps compiled against the old code. For
tomcat, when a lib containing jsps is updated you need to clear the
tomcat work directory (defaults to $TOMCAT_HOME/work).

Regards, Simon

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)