Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your quick response. Regarding your suggestion:

Isn't that exactly what I am doing? The partialTriggers is already on the
panel. Are you saying that I should also put a rendered= on the panel?

Thanks,

Regards,,

Willem Kunkels
Java Developer

Koopman International BV
Distelweg 88
1031 HH  Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel.: +31 20 494 7 893
www.koopmanint.com

"Matthias Wessendorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
21-11-2008 08:43
Antwoord a.u.b. aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>

Aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Cc

Onderwerp
Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText component

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Willem Kunkels
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a little problem with the following.
>
>             <h:panelGrid columns="3">
>                 <!-- Fourth row -->
>                                     <kpm:label
> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.create.setup" dubbelpunt="true"/>
> id="setupCheckBox"
>
> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}"
>                                         autoSubmit="true"/>
> partialTriggers=":setup:setupCheckBox">
>                                 <kpm:label
> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.setup.identification"
dubbelpunt="true"/>
maximumLength="9"
> styleClass="styleLOC-InputText"
>
> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locSetupNumber}"
>                                     disabled="#{!
> locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}"
>
> required="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}" />
>                                 <kpm:label
> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.setup.description" dubbelpunt="true"/>
> maximumLength="40" styleClass="styleLOC-InputText"
>
> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locSetupDescription}"
>                                     disabled="#{!
> locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}" />
>             </h:panelGrid>
>
> The first tr:inputText component is set to required, based on the
checkbox
> in the first subform. It is wrapped in its own subform to prevent
problems
> with other components on the same page (not shown).
> When I click the checkbox, the tr:inputText becomes required as
expected. If
> I then click the checkbox again, the required indication disappears,
again
> as expected. However, if I then try to navigate away from the page, an
error
> appears for the first tr:inputText, saying I need to enter a value, even
> though the tr:inputText is no longer required. Any ideas , anyone?

unfortunately, this is a known bug.
try to rerender the panelHorizontalLayout instead.

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf