Thanks Matthias (sorry for calling you Matthew earlier) and
congratulations on your promotion.

If you raise a bug (or if there is an existing one), could you let me know
so that I can keep an eye on it?

Thanks again,

Willem

"Matthias Wessendorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
21-11-2008 09:02
Antwoord a.u.b. aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>

Aan
"MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
Cc

Onderwerp
Re: Betr.: Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText component

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Willem Kunkels
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Matthew,
>
> Thanks for your quick response. Regarding your suggestion:
>
> Isn't that exactly what I am doing? The partialTriggers is already on
the
> panel. Are you saying that I should also put a rendered= on the panel?

whoops. yes.
eventually you may go "higher" in the structure.

let me file a bug on this (or, I think there is one)

-M

> Thanks,
>
> Regards,,
>
> Willem Kunkels
> Java Developer
>
> Koopman International BV
> Distelweg 88
> 1031 HH  Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
> Tel.: +31 20 494 7 893
> www.koopmanint.com
>

> "Matthias Wessendorf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> 21-11-2008 08:43
>
> Antwoord a.u.b. aan
> "MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
> Aan
> "MyFaces Discussion" <users@myfaces.apache.org>
> Cc
> Onderwerp
> Re: [Trinidad] Required tr:inputText component
>

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Willem Kunkels
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a little problem with the following.
>>
>>             <h:panelGrid columns="3">
>>                 <!-- Fourth row -->
>>                                     <kpm:label
>> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.create.setup" dubbelpunt="true"/>
>> id="setupCheckBox"
>>
>> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}"
>>                                         autoSubmit="true"/>
>> partialTriggers=":setup:setupCheckBox">
>>                                 <kpm:label
>> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.setup.identification"
dubbelpunt="true"/>
>> maximumLength="9"
>> styleClass="styleLOC-InputText"
>>
>> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locSetupNumber}"
>>                                     disabled="#{!
>> locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}"
>>
>> required="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}" />
>>                                 <kpm:label
>> msgName="letter.of.credit.label.setup.description" dubbelpunt="true"/>
>> maximumLength="40" styleClass="styleLOC-InputText"
>>
>> value="#{locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locSetupDescription}"
>>                                     disabled="#{!
>> locDataPaginaServiceBean.letterOfCredit.locCreateSetup}" />
>>             </h:panelGrid>
>>
>> The first tr:inputText component is set to required, based on the
checkbox
>> in the first subform. It is wrapped in its own subform to prevent
problems
>> with other components on the same page (not shown).
>> When I click the checkbox, the tr:inputText becomes required as
expected.
>> If
>> I then click the checkbox again, the required indication disappears,
again
>> as expected. However, if I then try to navigate away from the page, an
>> error
>> appears for the first tr:inputText, saying I need to enter a value,
even
>> though the tr:inputText is no longer required. Any ideas , anyone?
>
> unfortunately, this is a known bug.
> try to rerender the panelHorizontalLayout instead.
>
> -Matthias
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Willem Kunkels
>> Java Developer