Salut Bernd,

thanks for your help. Let me give you some information,
concerning this issue. I think i know, why Tobago sheets
runs into that problem.

We are doing some weired things here. The originator
of the problem are problems with the <tc:foreach >
tag, that i understand as a <ui:repeat>, that completly
fails to run. (furthermore it is deprecated, for any reason
i can not follow).

Let's compare the repeat with a sheet. A runtime <ui:repeat>
oder <tc:foreach> unfolds a given list and replicates its contents.
Then it would externalize the dimension of the stacked elements
to the parent panel.
The sheet runs differently. The widget asks the available area
and renders itself into it, accepting the given space.

You see, both should run differently. .. and i belive that's the key
difference in both processing. Any contents of the sheet is beeing
automatically clipped into the sheets scrollbar, where the columns
and cells will not get the surrounding X and Y dimension.
This may be a reason, why the formating <tc:gridlayout>
might not get a reasonyble size indication.

The reason why <tc:sheet> and <tc:foreach> have a different
layout-rendering begaviour makes me hard to understand why
<tc:foreach> is deprecated. I do have to abuse the <tc:sheet>
to behave like a <tc:foreach>, that's the beginning of all my
problems.

Groovie

Hello Groovie,

i will look at this issue tonight or tomorrow.

Regards

Bernd

Thanx, thanx, thanx, thanx, thanx, thanx!