hello,

with jsp:

web.xml
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

then you can place an index.jsp file in the target folder
sample content:
<%@ page session="false"%>
<%
  response.sendRedirect("directory_default_page.jsf");
%>

or with html:

web.xml
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

then you can place an index.html file in the target folder
sample content:
  <head>
  </head>

as anton mentioned:
please *don't* use it instead of navigation rules.

regards,
gerhard

--

http://www.irian.at