I personally think the architecture of Trinidad is much stronger (and
flexible). For instance, we build Oracle ADF Faces Rich Client (see
[1]) on top of it. The only "problem" for Trinidad is, that the
shipped skins ("look-and-feel") aren't really that sexy/web2.0.
However, Trinidad is flexible and you can build your own skin ([2]).
Also, we actually support mobile devices (e.g. iPhone), see [3] and
[4].

Yes, the default look-and-feel from Rich faces looks pretty nice.

However, I'd use only one of them and not mix them, as mixing
libraries always has some issues
(well, Tomahawk can be integrated with Trinidad, in a pretty smooth way).

I build an (outdated) kick-start project, to show how to use Trinidad
with different libraries (e.g. Spring, JPA, Orchestra), see [5]. Get
the SVN code. The project also as a very simple custom skin...

HTH,
Matthias

[1] http://java.dzone.com/news/introduction-oracles-adf-faces
[2] http://www.soaeosconference.sys-con.com/read/273945.htm
[3] http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/mobile.html
[4] http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/devguide/mobileSkinning.html
[5] http://code.google.com/p/facesgoodies/

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Bjørn T Johansen <b...@havleik.no> wrote:
> I am starting developing a new webapp and started looking at Trinidad and it
> looks like a good thing to use.. Then a
> friend told me I had to look at RichFaces and it also looks quite good...
> Which one do I choose? What is their pros and
> cons? (I haven't used either before...)
>

> Regards,
>
> BTJ
>
> --
> Bjørn T Johansen
>
> b...@havleik.no
> Someone wrote:
> "I understand that if you play a Windows CD backwards you hear strange
> Satanic messages"
> To which someone replied:
> "It's even worse than that; play it forwards and it installs Windows"

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf