Hi all,

I am having my first look into Orchestra 1.2 in my MyFaces 1.2.3/Facelets,
Spring 2.5.6, JPA, Hibernate app and am having difficulties.

In a nutshell I have the following:

searchparameters.xhtml - users enter various search parameters into a form
and hit 'search'. This calls an action that calls a search method of a
service bean defined in spring (which in turn calls a DAO bean also defined
in spring). The service bean's method is marked as @Transactional(readOnly =
true). The results set is a List returned from Hibernate with various LAZY
collections. If results are returned the list is passed through to the
'SearchResultsBean' which is in turn bound to a rich:datatable on
searchresults.xhtml.

I have tried wiring up both backing beans with conversation.access scope:

  <bean name="searchParametersBean" class="com.xxx.SearchParametersBean"
scope="conversation.access">
    <property name="serviceBean" ref="serviceBean" />
    <property name="searchResultsBean" ref="searchResultsBean" />
  </bean>

  <bean name="searchResultsBean" class="com.xxx.SearchResultsBean"
scope="conversation.access"/>

Before orchestra, all collections were EAGERly fetched and the results set
was kept alive in the search results bean using a <t:saveState /> tag.

The first page displays successfully, but when I try to use a
rich:datascroller to scroll to another page I get the
LazyInitializationException. Clearly I have missed something and hopefully
somebody out there will be able to point me in the right direction! I was
under the impression that conversation.access did not require me to
start/name conversations manually.

Can anyone help?

Thanks very much in anticipation, Carl