Hmm.

I presume you are using server-side state-saving here.

Are you using multiple browser windows at the same time? Myfaces keeps a
cache of the last N views in the session. Therefore if you perform N+1
submits using one window, then try to use the other window you will get
this problem. Unfortunately there is no easy solution for this. Note
that the value N is configurable; I think it defaults to 20.

Otherwise, I suggest using the firefox "live http headers" plugin or
similar to see what is actually being submitted to the server. There
should be one field named "jsf_view_id" or similar; this contains the
key to look up the saved viewstate. If this is missing for some reason
(eg because of some custom javascript you have in your page) then that
would cause this problem.

I can't think of any other likely cause at the moment...

Regards,
Simon

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)