Hi Michael,

Following are the servlet mappings:

<servlet-mapping>
                <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

        <servlet-mapping>
                <url-pattern>*.jspx</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

        <!-- Persistent Faces Servlet Mapping -->
        <servlet-mapping>
                <servlet-name>Persistent Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
                <url-pattern>*.iface</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

The navigation case in faces-config.xml is:

<navigation-rule>
                <navigation-case>
                        <from-outcome>OPERATION_LANDING</from-outcome>

<to-view-id>/jsp/operations/user/operationsLanding.iface</to-view-id>
                </navigation-case>
</navigation-rule>

This has been configured as per the icefaces documentation. If we disregard
spring security filter issue the forward happens properly. Spring security
filter gets invoked once after the return "OPERATION_LANDING" from within the
action method has been executed. The strange part is that the URL is still the
previous one.

It is strange because when using jsp:forward from index.jsp to login.jsp spring
security filter gets both the URL's.

What could be the issue?

Regards,
Madhav

From: Michael Kurz [mailto:michi.k...@gmx.at]
>Hi,
>
>which mapping do you use for your faces servlet: postfix (like *.jsf) or
>prefix (like /faces/*)? Maybe the "real" JSF urls are not listed in your
>intercepter config.
>
>regards
>Michael
>
>Madhav Bhargava schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using myfaces 1.1, icefaces 1.8.1, spring 2.5.6, spring security -2.0.5,
> WAS 6.0 (app server)
>
> I have configured spring security for my JSF application along with
> SiteMinder as an external authentication mechanism. It works fine till a
> forward happens from within myfaces.
>
> Here is my spring servlet filter chain declaration:
> <filter>
>                 <description>
>                                 Spring delegating filter which will initiate
> the spring
>                                 security filter chain
>                 </description>
>                 <display-name>springSecurityFilterChain</display-name>
>                 <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
>                 <filter-class>
>
> org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy
>                 </filter-class>
> </filter>
>
> <filter-mapping>
>                 <filter-name>springSecurityFilterChain</filter-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>                 <dispatcher>FORWARD</dispatcher>
>                 <dispatcher>REQUEST</dispatcher>
> </filter-mapping>
>
> And in my spring application context I have followed the advice from spring
> forums and done necessary settings:
> Excerpt is:
>
> <security:http
>                 entry-point-ref="preAuthenticatedProcessingFilterEntryPoint"
> once-per-request="false">
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/index.jsp" filters="none" />
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/login.jsp" filters="none" />
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/authenticationservlet"
> filters="none"/>
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="**/jsp/common/**"
> filters="none"/>
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/**/css/**" filters="none"/>
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/**/*.js" filters="none"/>
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/images/**" filters="none"/>
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/**/secure/**"
> access="ROLE_USER" />
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/**/operations/**"
> access="ROLE_OPERATIONS"/>
>                 <security:intercept-url pattern="/**"
> access="IS_AUTHENTICATED_ANONYMOUSLY" />
> </security:http>
>
> Now when I forward a request from index.jsp to login.jsp then the spring
> filters are called with the login.jsp URL even though the browser shows the
> old URL.
>
> However when from within an action method a navigation case is handled then
> it is not intercepted by the spring filters at all. However if I give a
> <redirect/> then it is properly intercepted with the correct URL as expected.

> [...]

notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are
not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out
your
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.