Ok cool. The implications are that your action methods and your action
listeners are not invoked in that request! Also, and I forgot that before,
your submitted values are not applied to your managed beans, because
UPDATE_MODEL is also not invoked.

But this is anyway the expected JSF behavior if a validation fails.

Regards,
Jakob