Actually afaik you still need a faces-config, but in many cases it can be left blank or you just have a few lines of xml because you wont have too many artifacts anymore which still
need xml registration. Most of the day to day stuff is now annotations.
But there are exceptions, which is a little bit annoying.

Werner

Am 07.04.10 13:56, schrieb Matthias Leis:
You are right about the view handler. I forgot that JSF2 doesn't need
afaces-config anymore. But I need it anyway for registering a phase listener.
Anyway, if I remove the view handler from the faces-config, all I get from my
webapp is a blank page and no errors. Do I have to define a view-handler if I
use a faces-config file or does JSF just use the dafault view handler?
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 08:54:02 +0200
Von: Werner Punz<werner.p...@gmail.com>
An: users@myfaces.apache.org
Betreff: Re: javascript error "jsf is not defined"

Am 07.04.10 08:14, schrieb Matthias Leis:
Hi Jakob,

I guess I use the built-in facelets. At least this is the code from
faces-config:
<view-handler>
        com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler
</view-handler>
Wrong view handler... the jsf2 one is not under com.sun, but under
javax.faces.view.facelets and it is initialized automatically if you use
myfaces and the jsf2 facelets (no further configuration is needed)
Com sun is the old Facelet 1.x stuff and the new tags cannot work under
it due to the extensions in the jsf2 lifecycle and view handler api.
So it is either old facelets or the jsf2 one but not a mix of both, sort
of a hard break introduced by the namespace change from com.sun into
javax.facelets and due to the api changes, but better once a hard break
from old habits than having endless pain :-)

Basically if you run in a pure jsf2 environment you can start to use
facelets without additional configuration on the faces-config side.

Werner