Hi Michael,

yes we have validation in Popups, but this is a bit hack like, nothing
to show as example.

The problem is the partial rendering and the popup handling in tobago 1.0.x:

If you need validation inside a popup, you should not close the popup
via popupClose attribute, but rerender the popup content partial and,
on success, close the popup via hidden button and javascript.

something like this should work, if you set the
#{myController.closePopup} value in your newItem action.

<tc:cell>
  <f:facet name="layout">
    <tc:gridLayout colums="fixed;1*" />
  </f:facet>
  <tc:button width="100" label="add" action="#{myController.newitem}">
    <tc:attribute name="popupClose" value="afterSubmit"/>
  </tc:button>
  <tc:text escape="false"
             rendered="#{myController.closePopup}"
             value="<script
type=\"text/javascript\">Tobago.submitAction('full clientId of
hiddenCloseButton');</script>" />
  <f:facet name="hiddenCloseButton">
    <tc:button id="hiddenCloseButton" >
      <tc:attribute name="popupClose" value="afterSubmit"/>
    </tc:button>
  </f:facet>
</tc:cell>

In tobago 1.5 this would be easier.

Regards,
    Volker

--
inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Ofener Str. 30      | 26121 Oldenburg

Firmensitz: Hamburg   | Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 84273
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Schulte, Michael Terschüren, Dirk Fangohr