Hello, I downgraded my tobago (1.0.30) application from myfaces 1.2.8 to myfaces 1.1.8 to get the popup validation working - It works now thanks for the help.

Now I got another problem. Since the downgrade the tc:in and tx:in elements not updated with the attributes of the underlaying controller bean.

But If I bind the attributes to tc:out elements the values are shown but not editable for sure.

What I do is I have a list of customers. If the user selects a customer it's loaded into an cutomer object signed as value to a formular to edit the customer. The page is loaded and the formular should contain the existing values but it does not work for input components.

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/component"; prefix="tc"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/extension"; prefix="tx"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"; prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags/layout" prefix="layout"%>
<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" language="java"%>

. . .

Not working:

<tc:tab label="main">
<tc:panel id="customerDataPanel">

<f:facet name="layout">
<tc:gridLayout columns="1*"rows="fixed;*" />
</f:facet>

<tc:cell>
<tx:in value="#{myController.selectedCustomer.first_name}" />
</tc:cell>

working:

<tc:tab label="main">
<tc:panel id="customerDataPanel">

<f:facet name="layout">
<tc:gridLayout columns="1*"rows="fixed;*" />
</f:facet>

<tc:cell>
<tc:out value="#{myController.selectedCustomer.first_name}" />
</tc:cell>

I debug the Beans and the objects and attributes are initialized correctly

Has somebody an idea?

Kind regards Michael