Thank you Dominik.

Just to be clear: the aim is not simply compete...
I think Trinidad has:
- rock solid back-end;
- support to non-javascript browser (I have applications running in old data
collectors - windows mobile)
 and I would like to keep most of the java code untouched when migrating my
applications to an "up to date UI".

I am personally highly involved in another open source project and I don't
have much experience with JSF/Trinidad internals. I am not sure I can help
much in such a task (create the new render kit), but I'm experimenting to
see if I should go ahead with Trinidad or just migrate to another library.

Best regards,

Walter Mourão
http://waltermourao.com.br
http://arcadian.com.br