We changed the template of the page, and afterwards the calendar popup
started to appear away from the button.

The component configuration is:

<t:inputCalendar value="#{ConsultaDiarioForm.dataInicio}"
renderPopupButtonAsImage="true" renderAsPopup="true"
popupWeekString="Semana" size="10"    popupTodayString="Hoje é"
id="dataInicio" popupDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy" alt="Digite a data
inicial para pesquisar" title="Digite a data inicial para pesquisar">
</t:inputCalendar>

The imagens of the before/After

Before:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/H9ML-JtAIzj-5mXeunEM7SyftixIMAaR_uGG46TnU-0?feat=directlink

After:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/-S1izZxddwHVR0EVg362TiyftixIMAaR_uGG46TnU-0?feat=directlink

I would like to highlight that when using firebug, it shows in the div
tag that wraps the calendar a fixed posiition by top and left style
attributes. We dont know however where this is set.

Any ideas?