Here the code snippet

'from time to time' : i mean that when user clicks some radio button i re
render the <h:panelGroup id="expenses_table_wrapper"> that holds the table
, even when i dont specify the column ids explicitly and let the JSF do
that, i still get the same "duplicate id exception"

<h:panelGroup id="expenses_table_wrapper">

            <h:form prependId="false" id="expenses_form">

value="#{expensesPage.expensesList}" var="expense"
                    rendered="#{not empty expensesPage.expensesList}">

                    <c:forEach items="#{expensesPage.unitsOfTime}"
var="unitOfTime">
id="expenses_table_device_column#{expensesPage.fixStatisticsDateDate(unitOfTime)}"

                            sortBy="SomeValue">

                            <f:facet name="header">
                                <h:outputText value="#{unitOfTime}"/>
                            </f:facet>