Just for the record,

event when i remove the explicit generation of the id attribute, and let
the myfaces generate the ids , i get the exact error , but this time the
duplicated id that is being shown in the alert message (cause of the
development mode set in the web.xml) , the duplicated id is being created
by the myfaces and looks like j_id782346873642587..... (something like
that) , so its not cause of the id that I'm assigning explicitly