Looks like it is available.  I guess the task is to make it work.

John
From: owner-j...@lists.llnl.gov [owner-j...@lists.llnl.gov] On Behalf Of
Carlson, John W. [carlso...@llnl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:36 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion; Mark Struberg
Cc: Java Programmers List
Subject: [java] RE: CODI 1.0.1 NPE in JSF ResourceHandler when evaluating
ValueExpression

Uh, are you guys saying the FacesContext isn't available in a ResourceHandler?
If it's not available, this is a major pain for people with dynamic resource
generation.  Essentially, one would have to pass all the necessary information
through the URL, or through a non-JSF session.

I realize that static resource generation is more desirable, and that we're
moving towards HTML5 with dynamic stuff happening on the browser.

If this is not fixed with JSF2, then I would say my statement about JSF not
being suitable for a readonly/downloads application is still valid.