The problem with the mechanism introduced in JSF-2.0 is to rely on Expression
Language evaluation for the dynamic parts. But that doesn't perform well so the
JSF containers serve it with a cache header. Please checkout Jakobs enhanced
resource handler [1] (especially the Requirements Wiki page) and based on it
the myfaces-commons-resourcehandler [2] . It's pluggable.
The issue should be fixed in JSF-2.2 (or latest 2.3, not sure if Ed has it on
the schedule already).

LieGrue,
strub

[1]